Let’s admit it- while we are on the move, our shoe covers aren’t really having the best time. From getting soaked in the rain, to getting dried up in the Sun and not to forget getting dirty in the mud; they take every curveball that nature has to throw at them. That is why it’s absolutely crucial to clean your shoe covers and galoshes from time to time. This not only makes you look clean and crisp, next time you put them on, but also ensures the longevity of your waterproof overshoes and galoshes.
When we talk about overshoes for men, they are typically made of rubber, nylon or other waterproof material like PVC, making them hard to maintain and clean. This is where GC Tech Design’s shoe covers and galoshes, step in as a real game changer. Not only does their soft-shell fabric offer a unique combination of flexibility, breathability and water-resistance, but they also give off a high-end vibe without the high-maintenance upkeep.
If you are ready to make your GC Tech shoe covers and galoshes look fresh and fabulous, here are a few simple tips for a sparkling clean finish.
- Care Label: First things first, before cleaning, do not forget to read the care label on your pair. It’s like the secret recipe that gives you all the important instructions for cleaning the shoe fabric correctly and keeping it in tip-top shape.
- Remove loose dirt: Now that you know what does and doesn’t work for your shoe cover, it’s time to get down to business! Start with a soft-bristled brush to get rid of any dry and loose dirt and debris hanging by your shoe covers. This step is like a warm-up before the real cleaning begins.
- Spot Cleaning: Notice a few pesky stains on the shoe covers? It’s time for a spot clean! All you need is a mild detergent and a damp cloth to scrub the little marks out.
- Machine Wash (optional): On days that you have been particularly adventurous, chances are that your overshoes or galoshes are heavily soiled. Time for a deep clean! A gentle cycle and a mild detergent in the washing machine will easily do the trick. Just remember to place them in a laundry bag to keep them safe and sound during the spin cycle. Additionally, avoid using a fabric softener as it can damage the shoe fabric.
- Drying: The final step in giving your shoe covers a fresh start, whether you have cleaned them with a damp cloth or given them a spin in the machine is to let them air dry. Hang them up or lay them flat, but whatever you do, don’t put them in the dryer! The high temperature can damage the fabric, so it’s best to let nature do its thing.
At GC Tech Design, cleanliness is as important as comfort. This is why each pair of waterproof overshoes and galoshes comes with a free waterproof carry bag. It’s black, it looks luxurious and most importantly it is perfect for carrying your shoes on the go without getting them dirty.